About Well Rounded Healing
Tarah Herrington L.Ac.
Education and Work History
- Licensed and Board Certified Acupuncturist in the state of South Carolina and New York
- Diplomat of Acupuncture through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Associate Acupuncturist at Fifth Avenue Fertility Wellness (2014-2016)
- Masters of Science in Acupuncture from Tri-State College of Acupuncture, New York, NY (2013)
- Volunteered in the Surgical Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA (2011)
Undergraduate Degree from the University of Kansas (2005)
- Bachelor of Arts in East Asian Studies and Japanese Language
- Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communications
In my practice I devote myself to each patient delving into the details of your unique case, going over medical history, lifestyle and diet in the consultation portion of the session. In treatment I create an oasis for healing where I can blend several modalities into one treatment depending on the patients needs. I offer add-on modalities such as fire cupping and Reiki for those who need more than just the acupuncture. I came to understand the true power of combing modalities as I witnessed the changes that took place in my patients lives while going through extreme levels of stress. It’s in this oasis where people can grow, shift and transform all while improving fertility, reducing pain or moving through grief. I spent two years under the guidance and tuteIage of leading fertility experts, Dr. Angela Le and reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Sami David where I focused on the specialty of fertility working with the most complex cases at Fifth Avenue Fertility Wellness in New York City. In my current practice my priorities are in results and patient care.
Reiki and Intuition
My story into Reiki is one that I could have never predicted. Yes, it’s one of “those” stories. I had a profound experience on the treatment table and it didn’t stop there. After being exposed to Reiki energy my intuition exploded which at the time I didn’t understand. Since my first exposure to Reiki back when I was living and working in Japan I have furthered my study into energy healing and my intuitive abilities. I mentored under psychic medium and Reiki Master, Michael Domitrovich, which allowed me to fully embrace my gifts and offer both Reiki and Intuitive Readings to my practice.
There’s a whole story behind my relationship to animals and why I offer intuitive pet readings as well as baby readings. I once was a nanny and I currently specialize in fertility which has given me a very special connection to souls who are incarnating into families at this time. And many moons ago I was a competitive equestrian who trained for a large portion of my life. I currently have a puppy I’m training with the help of an animal behaviorist so my perspective on both children and animals is from a place of deep understanding.
Brian Eshleman, L.Ac.
Licensure and Education
- Licensed Acupuncturist in South Carolina.
- Diplomate of Acupuncture through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
- NCCAOM National Board-Certified Acupuncturist.
- MS in Acupuncture from Tri-State College of Acupuncture, NY, NY (2012).
- BS in Exercise Physiology from Ohio University, Athens, OH (1999).
- Pilates Certification from The Pilates Studio, NY, NY (2000).
Other fun stuff
life-long runner, retired marathoner, and avid cyclist
My journey into acupuncture began as a barter in NYC during 2002. I was teaching Pilates and became friends with a newly licensed acupuncturist. Out of Curiosity, we decided to trade services, and after my first treatment I was hooked on acupuncture.
Over the past 15 plus years, I have used acupuncture to treat my own health ailments, both big and small. As a life-long runner, cyclist and retired marathoner, I have used acupuncture as a training aide to off-set the small and nagging injuries that these activities can cause.
I draw on my education in Exercise Physiology and my experience teaching Pilates when assessing my acupuncture patients. I address the underlying structural and postural issues that are contributing to the patient’s injuries, pains and other complaints. Along with acupuncture, I also use Tui Na, cupping and stretching exercises in my treatments.
When appropriate, I provide homework for my patients, things they can do at home to help continue their healing.